Covid 19 Updates

Edited to Add: We have been authorized to move forward with this event while Clallam County remains in Phase 2. We’ve made significant modifications to the organization of this ride in order to comply with current restrictions and regulations. If you’ve done it before please be aware that it will be very different from past events, but we know that you share our gratitude that we’re able to do it at all. We’re counting on your flexibility and understanding in helping us coordinate an event that is safe, healthy, and enjoyable for cyclists and volunteers.

Clallam County is currently at Phase Two of Governor Inslee’s Safe Start Reopening plan. In order for Ride the Hurricane to proceed, we must be at Stage Three. We are following all the information coming from the Clallam County Department of Health, as well as the Sate of Washington, and we continue to plan the 2020 ride in anticipation that we will be at Phase Three by August 2nd.

  • In these uncertain times, it is important to note that the details of the ride may change as the current health situation unfolds in Clallam County, and as health officials may add restrictions or adjustments. Of course the focus of this event is the opportunity to ride up to Hurricane Ridge and back down on the National Park road when it is closed to motor vehicles. We will do everything we can to make that experience as safe and healthy as possible.
  • We cannot guarantee that the ride will proceed, although we anticipate that it will go forward at this time. If Ride the Hurricane must be postponed or canceled, we will issue a full refund to those who have registered.
  • Prior to the ride we will send each registrant important information about how to be safe and healthy, as well as how to participate while following our state and county health restrictions.
  • Masks are strongly encouraged at this time, but not required while riding. Each rider will receive a Primal Maska gaiter which can serve as an excellent mask during the event.
  • The Canadian government announced that the closure of the border between the U.S. and Canada has been extended through the end of July. The Blackball Coho ferry is currently not running between Victoria and Port Angeles. We will continue to update you here as we get new information.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.