Covid 19

Canadian Visitors

Canadian/U.S. Border Updates

We recommend that Canadian Cyclists do not register for the event until they have confirmation that the border has opened. We are monitoring the situation closely. If the border opens for non-essential travel before August 2nd, we will post here immediately. We encourage you to subscribe to updates on this website to get the latest information.

US-Canada border closure extended at least to July 21

June 16, 2020

The coronavirus-caused shutdown of the U.S.-Canada border, set to expire on Sunday, has been extended at least until July 21, “I can now confirm that Canada and the U.S. have agreed to extend current border measures by 30 days until July 21,” Prime Minister Justin Trudeau told his daily news briefing on pandemic response.”This is a measure that will protect people on both sides of the border as we continue to fight COVID-19.” The border closure prevents non-essential crossings, but allows certain people to cross, including Americans coming back to the U.S. and Canadians returning to Canada, the wire service reported. It also does not restrict essential trade,

More details HERE

Covid 19 Updates

Clallam County is currently at Phase Two of Governor Inslee’s Safe Start Reopening plan. In order for Ride the Hurricane to proceed, we must be at Stage Three. We are following all the information coming from the Clallam County Department of Health, as well as the Sate of Washington, and we continue to plan the 2020 ride in anticipation that we will be at Phase Three by August 2nd.

  • In these uncertain times, it is important to note that the details of the ride may change as the current health situation unfolds in Clallam County, and as health officials may require restrictions or adjustments. Of course the focus of this event is the opportunity to ride up to Hurricane Ridge and back down on the National Park road when it is closed to motor vehicles. We will do everything we can to make that experience as safe and healthy as possible.
  • We cannot guarantee that the ride will proceed, although we anticipate that it will go forward at this time. If Ride the Hurricane must be postponed or canceled, we will issue a full refund to those who have registered.
  • Prior to the ride we will send each registrant important information about how each cyclist can be safe and healthy, as well as how to participate while following our state and county health restrictions.
  • Masks are strongly encouraged at this time, but not required. Each rider will receive a Primal Maska gaiter which can serve as an excellent mask during the event.
  • The Canadian government announced that the closure of the border between the U.S. and Canada has been extended through the end of July. The Blackball Coho ferry is currently not running between Victoria and Port Angeles. We will continue to update you here as we get new information.

Stay Safe, Stay Healthy

Photo courtesy of Jen Petersen